ServiceNow Reports: See Open Incidents by State
You can create and modify a report that shows you a pie chart of the total number of active incidents in your assignment group(s), grouped by Incident State (Work in Progress, Pending Specialist, etc.).
In this article:
- Running and making a copy of the report
- Modifying the report
- Running and saving the report
- Click View / Run under Reports in the Application Navigator menu on the left. A list of available reports in ServiceNow loads, depending on your access privileges.
- Make sure Global or All is selected as a filter at the top of the Reports screen.
- Search for Open Incidents by Incident State (My Groups) - Template.
- Click the name of the report in the list to run it.
- Make a Copy of the report before modifying it.
You will likely want to make modifications to this report in order to make it useful to you. Some common changes are outlined below.
Resolved Incidents are technically still Active in ServiceNow until they are Closed. ServiceNow closes Incidents 7 days after it has been put into a Resolved state. To remove Resolved Incidents from the report:
- Click Add Filter Condition.
- In the new filter box use the dropdown menus to select the field name Incident State, change the filter operator to is not, and for criteria select Resolved.
If you belong to more than one Assignment Group and want to only see results for one assignment group:
- Find the Assignment Group filter.
- Either type to get predictive text and choose from a list or use the Search Box to find and populate the desired Assignment Group.
- To get the report with these changes click Run.
When making reports in ServiceNow, often the default type of bar, pie chart, or list will meet your needs. Sometimes, however, it does not and you may need a different type in order to better visualize or obtain full information.
- For instructions, see change the report type.
- Once you’ve modified your criteria, click Run to run your report and make sure that it contains the information that you want it to have.
- Save and Schedule your Report so you can use it again in the future.