ServiceNow Reports (New UI): See Knowledge Articles by Service Offering
The See Knowledge Articles by Service Offering report shows all non-retired knowledge articles in assignment group(s) grouped by the service offering.
You can make a copy of this report and modify the copy to suit your own needs.
In this article:
- Running and making a copy of the report
- Modifying the report
- Running and saving the report
- Click View / Run under Reports in the Application Navigator menu on the left. A list of available reports in ServiceNow loads, depending on your access privileges.
- Make sure Global or All is selected as a filter at the top of the Reports screen.
- Search for Knowledge by Service Offering (My Groups) - Template.
- Click the name of the report in the list to run it.
- Click on the Data Tab.
- Rename the report by changing or replacing the text in the Report name field from the Data Tab.
- Most of the time you will be making the current report yours by replacing the word Template with your Internet ID.
- If you are changing something specific about the report in any meaningful way, make sure the title appropriately reflects the content AND remember to end your title with your Internet ID.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Run button and select Insert and Stay.
A message will appear saying that the report has been created, and there will now be a Save button next to arrow.
You will likely want to make modifications to this report in order to make it useful to you. Some common changes are outlined below.
In the New Reports UI, the filters used in the report are collapsed by default. Click the Open Condition Builder button to begin to modify the report using the guidelines below.
If you belong to more than one Assignment Group and want to only see results for one assignment group:
- Find the Assignment Group filter.
- Either type to get predictive text and choose from a list or use the Search Box to find and populate the desired Assignment Group.
- To get the report with these changes click Run.
One of the reasons you might want to use a List Report is to get additional fields that don't show on default reports in ServiceNow or to remove fields that are not necessary from the defaults.
- For instructions, see Add or Remove Fields from Your List.
You can Change the Report Type if the current type is not meeting your needs. There are many different types you can try to see which best represents your data.
- Click Run to make sure it contains the desired data and is displayed how you want.
- Click Save so you can use the report in the future.
- Get Started with Reports - This article links to other reports you can use as a template to create your own.
- Schedule a Report