ServiceNow Reports (Kingston UI): Get Started with Reports
ServiceNow reports are visualizations of data across any application and function within the tool. This article covers how to get started with this robust tool by:
- Building a report by modifying an existing report
- Building a report by creating a new report
- Using a filtered list view to visualize data
There are many report types you can use to display your data, from highly visual graphs/charts to lists with customized columns. Once you create a report, you can:
- Display it on a dashboard - See Create a Dashboard
- Share it with other users and/or groups
- Schedule it to run and send it via email in ongoing intervals
- Export it to share data outside of the ServiceNow interface
Building a report by modifying an existing report
See View/Run a Report to find the pre-existing reports you have access to. There are also pre-built reports in ServiceNow that you can use as templates to create your own personalized reports.
Incident Report Templates
Open Tasks Report Templates
Knowledge Report Templates
- See Expiring Knowledge
- See Unresolved Knowledge Feedback
- See Who is Editing Knowledge
- See Knowledge Articles by Service Offering
Change Management Report Templates
- See Open Change Requests
- See Open Change Requests by Risk or Impact
- See Change Requests Closed in the Last Month
Building a report by creating a new report
If no existing report is available for your data visualization needs, you can create a new report. ServiceNow's report builder is a robust tool that allows you to pinpoint specific data across many ServiceNow applications.
Using a filtered list view to visualize data
You can Use and Customize List Views to get the information you want without having to build or modify a report. For example, you can filter the All Incident list to see all the items in your assignment group in a particular state, such as New or Work in Progress. Although technically not reports, you can save, download, and share filtered list views.
For additional help in building your own reports, contact the Technology Help Desk Services.