ServiceNow Reports (Classic UI): View or Create Reports
Users can create personal reports for their own use in ServiceNow. This article outlines some basic reporting tasks and provides links to ServiceNow's reporting wiki for more detailed information.
This article covers:
- Click View / Run under Reports in the Application Navigator menu on the left. A list of available reports in ServiceNow loads, depending on your access privileges.
- Click the link for a report to run it.
- A report might be a graph, list, pivot table, or a specialized type.
- See below on creating a new report to learn how to modify a report. You may be able to make changes to a global report and save a customized copy of the global version for yourself or your group, depending on your role. See Copy and Modify Existing Reports.
- Click Create New under Reports in the Application Navigator menu on the left.
- If you are shown the new Reports user interface (UI), click Switch to Classic UI.
- Choose the Data source for the report. Commonly used sources include these tables:
- Incident [incident]
- Knowledge [kb_knowledge]
- Request [sc_request]
- Change Request [change_request]
- Choose the Type of report and modify the features for that type.
- The type of report will determine the features available on the right. For instance, a List report type allows you to choose the Columns that will display in the report.
- If desired, set the Group by option.
- Give your report a title.
- Click Run to see your report.
- Click Save to run your report and have it added to your list of reports found under View / Run > My Reports.
- Click the down arrow next to Save to select other options for downloading and sharing the report.
Using the list report type features
A List report type allows you to choose the Columns that will display in the report.
If there is a plus sign (+) after a field name on the list of available fields, that means that there are fields in a related table that you can include in your report. Select the field and click the + button between the Available and Selected field lists. The available fields list will then include the fields from the related table. To hide the related field list again, click the '
Contact Technology Help if you have questions about creating or modifying reports in ServiceNow.
Getting Started with Reports (ServiceNow vendor resources)