ServiceNow Reports (Classic UI): See Knowledge Articles by Service Offering
You can create and modify a report that shows you all non-retired knowledge articles in your assignment group(s) grouped by the service offering.
In this article:
- Running and making a copy of the report
- Modifying the report
- Running and saving the report
- Click View / Run under Reports in the Application Navigator menu on the left. A list of available reports in ServiceNow loads, depending on your access privileges.
- Make sure Global or All is selected as a filter at the top of the Reports screen.
- Search for Knowledge by Service Offering (My Groups) - Template.
- Click the name of the report in the list to run it.
- Make a Copy of the report before modifying it.
You will likely want to make modifications to this report in order to make it useful to you. Some common changes are outlined below.
If you belong to more than one Assignment Group and want to only see results for one assignment group:
- Find the Assignment Group filter.
- Either type to get predictive text and choose from a list or use the Search Box to find and populate the desired Assignment Group.
- To get the report with these changes click Run.
One of the reasons you might want to use a List Report is to get additional fields that don't show on default reports in ServiceNow or to remove fields that are not necessary from the defaults.
- For instructions, see add or remove fields from your list.
When making reports in ServiceNow, often the default type of bar, pie chart, or list will meet your needs. Sometimes, however, it does not and you may need a different type in order to better visualize or obtain full information.
- For instructions, see change the report type.
- Once you’ve modified your criteria, click Run to run your report and make sure that it contains the information that you want it to have.
- Save and Schedule your Report so you can use it again in the future.