ServiceNow Incident: Find and Work Incident Tasks
When an Incident Task is created, members of the specified assignment group get an email. When the task is assigned to a specific person in the group, they get another email. (If you assign a Task to yourself, you will not get an email.)
You can open a Task directly from these emails.
Note: If you are not receiving email notifications for Tasks, see Configure Notification Preferences and Delegates.
This article covers:
- Finding a Task assigned to your group
- Assigning a Task to yourself
- Finding a Task assigned to you
- Working a Task
- Additional Resources
- In the left navigation panel, click Incident. The menu expands downward.
- Scroll down and click on Incident Tasks. A submenu expands downward.
- Click on Assigned to my Group.
- Find a Task that has an empty Assigned To field in the My Groups Open Incident Tasks list. If necessary, click the Assigned To field in the header to sort the list.
- Open the task by clicking the Task Number (ITSK#######).
- Enter your name in the Assigned To field.
- Click Save to stay in the Task or Save & Go to return to the ITSK and Incident Page homepage. The Incident Task State will change to Work in Progress.
- Go to your ITSK and Incident Page homepage.
- Find the My Open Incidents Task list. Only tasks assigned to you are in this list.
- Open a task by clicking on the Task Number (ITSK#######).
- Review the Task Work Notes to see what you need to do.
- If you need to see details of the Master Incident, see Open an Incident Ticket from a Task.
- Update the Work Notes as you work through the task.
- Appropriate notes include work you have completed, work you are waiting on, estimated time to complete, etc.
- If the work needed requires a Change Request or product ordered, change the Priority state to 5-Planned and update the notes.
- Close the Task when you have completed your work.