ServiceNow: Create a Request Ticket from a Contact
Request tickets must be created from a Contact. This article tells you what steps to take after you have opened and saved a contact for a customer.
Creating a New Request Ticket
- Have the customer's Contact open.
- If you haven't created a Contact, follow the instructions in Create a New Contact.
- Under Related Links, click the Request Catalog tab.
- Determine if the specific request form exists.
- If it does, tell the caller you can send them the link to the form or fill it out on their behalf.
Note: For complicated forms, send the link to the caller.
Below are the next steps for each of the following scenarios:
- If the customer wants you to fill out the form
- If the customer wants the link to the form
- If a request form does not exist
If the caller wants you to fill out the form
- Right-click (Mac: Two-finger tap) the Catalog Item Name and choose Create Request and Close Contact.
- Fill out Request, getting appropriate information from the caller.
- Click Order Now.
- Close the confirmation window.
- The Contact closes. The RITM# has been automatically put into the Related Task field.
If the customer wants the link to the form
- Go to the left navigation pane and expand the Self-Service option.
- Ctrl-click (Mac: Command+click) Request Catalog. It will open in a new browser tab.
- Switch to the new tab.
- Right-click (Mac: Control+click) the Catalog Item Name and choose Copy link address.
- Return to your Contact tab.
- Click Respond & Close.
- In the Closure Comments field:
- Type a message to the caller and include the form link (it will be very long!).
- Tell the caller they will have to log in with their Internet ID and password to see the form.
- Click Respond & Close again. The Contact closes and the caller receives an email.
If a request form does not exist
- Click Create Incident & Close this Contact. The Contact closes and an Incident form appears.
- Change the incident Type to Service Request.
- Fill out the Incident ticket with as much detail as possible about the customer's request.
- Assign the ticket to the most appropriate Tier 2 team.
- Select Save and Go to close the Incident ticket.
ServiceNow Article ID