Tenant Server Hosting
House physical servers in a secure data center.
Collegiate and administrative units can house their physical servers in our secure data center. Consolidating the number of spaces systemwide that house server equipment significantly reduces University costs and the computing carbon footprint.
The IT data center is equipped with the following as a Tier 1 facility. For descriptions of Data Center tiers, please visit the Data Center Wikipedia page.
- 7x24 staffing and monitoring of data center environmentals and security with operational updates to the System Status Page
- Tier 1 uptime rating of 99.67% or 28.8 hours of downtime per year, 24 hours of which is planned for scheduled maintenance
- Single uninterruptible power supply (UPS) with battery power backup with adequate supply for transition to generator and automatic changeover to generator
- Single 1.75MW generator designed to handle the load for all equipment power and cooling with a 24 hour fuel tank. A vendor contract is in place to provide fuel beyond 24 hours to maintain 24 hours a day, 7 days a week uptime
- Raised floor, climate controlled environment separate from the building HVAC with N+1 redundancy in Computer Room Air Conditioners (CRACs) but single points of failure in the glycol cooling loop, pumps, and chiller/dry cooler
- Redundant path 10G data center core network to the OIT data center along with 1Gb network access per server NIC
- Automated fire detection and FM200 and dry-pipe suppression systems
- Operating temperature range of 68°-75° F. with a relative humidity range of 40-55%
- Standard security regulations and procedures which limits access for non-data center staff
- Cabinet space is maintained using industry standard cabinets
- Racking/stacking and decommission of customer equipment