Scheduling a Meeting and Inviting Guests in Google Calendar
This article will describe several methods for creating events and highlight various features of Google Calendar that make schedule coordination run much smoother.
Creating an Event (Method 1):
In the upper-left of your calendar, click Create to open the event details page.
Creating an Event (Method 2):
Click anywhere on your calendar to create a 1-hour event. This event will remain in draft until you click Create event to save your changes. While in draft you may:
• Click and drag the borders of the event to extend or reduce the length of the event.
• Click within the borders and drag the event to change its start time.
• Add a name to the event by filling out the What: field.
Click Create event to save your changes. More customization options are available by clicking Edit event ». (For existing events, these options may be reached by clicking on the name of the event in your calendar.)
- Go to the event details page of your meeting or event.
- In the Add Guests section on the right side of the page, enter the first few letters of a guest's name or email address to look up the address in the directory.
- Select the guest to add him or her to your Guests list.
- Continue adding your guests' email addresses one by one, OR you can add a Google Group or personal contact group.
Note: If you copy and paste a guest list from another source, make sure you separate each email address with a comma.
- Optionally, select options in the Guests can section to allow or prevent guests from changing event details, inviting more people to your event, or viewing who else was invited.
- If desired, fill in the rest of the fields on the page.
- Click Save. Google Calendar asks you whether you want to send invitations to the guests. Your guests can respond to the meeting invitation and leave comments.