Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Send Email Using Guided Send
Salesforce Marketing Cloud offers several different methods to send your email. Guided Send uses the Email Send Wizard to walk you through the process, and gives you many additional options for customizing the subject, “from” address, and other details of your email message.
Sending Email Using Guided Send
- Make sure you are editing one of your email messages in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Your email should be finished, validated, and checked by the Content Detective tool before sending.
- Click the Send drop-down menu in the toolbar of your editing window.
- Choose Guided Send from the menu. The Send Email Wizard will appear, first showing you a preview of your message with some identifying details to ensure that you send the correct email to your subscribers.
- Click the Next > button.
- Choose the recipients to receive your email:
- Ensure the radio button labeled Data Extension is selected in the Send To: field.
- Make a checkmark next to the data extension(s) that contain the subscriber data for your desired recipients.
- The text field labeled Selected will indicate all data extensions you have chosen during this step.
- Exclusion Lists can be any list or group you have created in (or imported to) Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Any subscriber found on the exclusion list will be subtracted from the original list of subscribers selected. These lists are selected first by checking the box next to their name.
- Suppression Lists are lists of non-subscribers; people who should not receive any communications from you. These may be the recipients who have opted out of future communications, for example. By clicking Show Suppression Lists directly under the Exclusion List(s) file picker, you may check your recipients against these lists as well.
- The text field labeled Selected will indicate all lists and groups you have chosen during this step.
- Subject: by default, your email carries the same subject line that you set when you created the message. If you wish to change it, type a new one in the Subject field. As before, your subject line can contain personalization variables (use the Recipient button) or be created dynamically based on logical criteria (use the Rules button).
- From Options: to select the sender of the email, you can choose one of two From Options:
- Use the following from name and address — Choose from the drop-down menu whichever sender’s address is appropriate for your message
- Select a send classification — Choose from a short list of preset send classifications; these should be set up by your administrator prior to use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud. For more information, see Salesforce Marketing Cloud Documentation: Send Classifications.
- Send Options: Select the appropriate send options:
- Send as Multipart MIME — Check this box to ensure both the HTML and plaintext version of your email are included in the test send. If left unchecked, only the HTML message will be sent. Checked by default.
- Track all links found within this email — Enables tracking of links for clickthroughs.
- Suppress this send from reports — This prevents email tracking from adding data for this email to your reports.
- Enable send logging to a data extension — This enables an advanced data collection system based on a preset template. For more information, see Salesforce Marketing Cloud Documentation: Send Logging.
- Tracking Destination — Choose a folder location within My Tracking to store the tracking data from this email send.
Note: It may take a few minutes for your sent email to appear in the system. Do not attempt to resend your message if you do not immediately see it in the Pending Sends. In addition, if you opted to schedule your email to be sent later, the email will be accessible in Pending Sends. You will find Pending Sends by clicking the option in the toolbar at the top of the editing window in My Emails.