Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Preview Your Email Message Using Send Preview
Due to the use of personalization, A/B testing, and other forms of dynamic content, you may find it advantageous to be able to preview what messages look like when they are received. This can help capture mistakes in both your email and your subscribers list, as blank fields and malformed variables can be difficult to spot before it’s too late. The Send Preview is designed to help you proof any or all of the individual emails as they will appear to their respective recipients, complete with personalization and dynamic content. Note that this process merely simulates a single email message, and will not actually send anything to your recipients.
Previewing Your Email Message Using Send Preview
- Make sure you are editing one of your email messages in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Click Send Preview in the toolbar at the top of the editing window.
- Choose the subscriber list to be tested in your message by navigating through the folders under Select Recipients.
- Folders can be opened by single-clicking on the plus symbol, folder icon, or name.
- When you have found the desired list or data extension, select the subscriber whose email you wish to preview first from the listing on the right.
- Use the From Name drop-down menu to select the sender of your email.
- You may only have one choice if you do not send mail for multiple people or departments.
- Choose a Delivery Profile from the drop down menu. (This does not apply to Simple or Guided Sends.)
- Select the Header and Footer you wish to be on the preview emails.
- When you have finished making your selections, click Generate Preview back at the top of the page.
- Depending on the size of your window, you may have to scroll back up to see it.
- You will now see a preview of your email which should match the version that would be sent to the chosen recipient, as noted above the message in the Subscriber field. Click the arrows (< >) to view the message as other recipients in the list will see it.
- At any point, you may choose to toggle the Preview Mode at the top to change between desktop and mobile views; or switch between the HTML and plaintext version of the message with the preview and text tabs on the top-right. This should allow you to preview all of the views your subscribers are likely to see, regardless of the device on which they read their email.
- You may also notice the option to Send Test Email at the toolbar above your editing window. This is another optional way to test your email message before you are ready to send it out to the larger audience.
- Ensure you have the desired recipient selected in Subscriber field above your message; this will determine the content of the test message.
- Regardless of the subscriber selected, the test email will be sent to your own email address by default. You may choose to type a different address in the To: field if you like; for instance, if you have a secondary email account set up for testing, or someone else is responsible for proofing and approving your email communications.
- Choose your Testing Options.
- Suppress this send from reports — This prevents test email tracking from providing misleading data in your reports. This is checked by default.
- Send as Multipart MIME — Check this box to ensure both the HTML and plaintext version of your email are included in the test send. If left unchecked, only the HTML message will be sent.
- Track all links found within this email — Enables tracking of links for clickthroughs.
- When you are finished making your selections, click Send >