Below find links to IT-branded templates that information technology (IT) staff members can use in their communications.
- Standard PowerPoint (4:3)
- Widescreen PowerPoint (16:9)
- Cubicle Sign 5.5 x 8.5
- Cubicle Sign 7.25 x 3.25
- Cubicle Sign 8.5 x 4.5
- Cubicle Sign 8.5 x 4
- Cubicle Sign 8.5 x 5.5
- Cubicle Sign 8 X 8.5
- Unofficial Letterhead
- Unofficial Letterhead (black & white)
- Office Hours
Add Template to PowerPoint Themes
- Double-click on a template to start a presentation from that template.
- Go to Themes > Save Theme.
- Name the themes "Widescreen" and "Standard."
Apply a Theme to a Presentation
- Go to Themes.
- Mouse over the [email protected] thumbnails - a tool tip will show you which one is widescreen and which one is standard.
Use [email protected] Colors
All the color pickers include the branded [email protected] colors. We recommend using solid fills rather than gradients in images. For instance, if you use SmartArt, use one of the first two Graphic Styles in the SmartArt tab (Simple Fill or White Outline).
To edit templates, click File > Make a copy, then name your file and begin.
Start from Scratch
Best process is to copy the template presentation, and start your new presentation from that.
Apply to a Preexisting Presentation
If you already have a presentation and want to apply the template:
- Go to Theme > Import theme.
- Search for [email protected].
- Choose the template that matches your layout (standard or widescreen).
The text areas will not be formatted correctly!
Format Title Slide
- Title: 24 points, black
- Subtitle: 16 points, dark gray
Format Standard Slides
- Title: 24 points, Bold, Maroon (third color in Theme colors)
- Text: 18 points, bulleted, black
Release Statement for Photography, Recording, and Interviewing
Any image, recording, or interview used in an University of Minnesota publication or on the Web must be accompanied by a signed Release for photography, recording and interviewing (PDF).