Recruitment CRM: Create and Manage a Tier II Support Request Case
When you want to change something within Recruitment CRM, or if something isn't quite working the way you think it should, then you'll need to create a Support Case. This article gives an overview on how to submit a Support Case for the first time with the proper information necessary. This is important for resolving the issue more quickly. This article describes how to create a Support Case for a Tier II Support Request.
Choose the Tier II Support Request record type for requests such as adding new users, help with reports, and other Tier II support questions.
- Examples: Report help, password reset, new user access, new report type, delete duplicate application programs
- Note: When requesting new Users be added information about what level of permissions they need is required. If one is available, the name of an existing User with the same level of permissions is helpful in this regard.
It is helpful to double check your internal business processes prior to submitting any Support Case. Certain types of requests may need to go through additional approval processes or be submitted by specific staff members.
Creating a Tier II Support Request Case
- From your homepage, click on Cases if showing as a default tab or click on the All Tabs button (+) in the menu bar to display All Tabs and click on Cases in the list.
- From the Cases Home Tab click New.
- From the drop-down on the Select Case Record Type screen, choose Tier II Support Request and click Continue.
- This brings up the New Case screen where information can be filled in as needed. A list of fields and and information to help you fill out your Tier II Support Request Case correctly the first time is below:
- Subject: Provide a short one-line description of the request.
- Description: Give a clear and detailed description of the request.
- Contact Name: This should be the person support staff should contact with questions about the Case.
- Priority: Indicate the priority of the request.
- In Campus of Interest select your campus code.
- If your case has a complete list of requirements and is ready to be submitted, set the Status to 10 - New. If you are still working on filling out the requirements for the case and are not ready for it to be submitted to IT yet, set the Status to 05 - Requirements Under Development. Cases with this status will not be submitted to IT until the Status gets changed to 10 - New.
- Once all of the information has been filled, click on Save at the top or bottom of the Case Edit screen to create the Case.
- The CRM support team uses Chatter on Cases for communication. When reviewing updates to a Case or adding or changing Case information, use the Chatter function to @mention your CRM support rep to ensure that they get the message.
- As your Case progresses, you may get asked to verify if the bug has been fixed or if the enhancement is doing what you expected it to do. For more information on verifying and updating fixes, review Verify a Case in Don and Verify a Case in Production.