Recruitment CRM: Create and Manage a Duplicate Contacts Case
When you want to change something within Recruitment CRM, or if something isn't quite working the way you think it should, then you'll need to create a Support Case. This article gives an overview on how to submit a Support Case for the first time with the proper information necessary. This is important for resolving the issue more quickly. This article describes how to create a Case for Duplicate Contacts.
Choose Duplicate Contacts for reporting duplicate contact records to the TC IT group to merge. To ensure the quickest response time, please submit a separate case for each set of duplicate records.
- For duplicate records with different EMPLID's the merge needs to happen in Peoplesoft before CRM otherwise the next feed will recreate the duplicate records. Those are reported on the Duplicate ID Report Worksheet.
- If one of the duplicate Contacts has an EMPLID and one doesn't submit a Duplicate Contacts Case.
It is helpful to double check your internal business processes prior to submitting any Support Case. Certain types of requests may need to go through additional approval processes or be submitted by specific staff members.
Creating a Duplicate Contacts Case
- From your homepage, click on Cases if showing as a default tab or click on the All Tabs button (+) in the menu bar to display All Tabs and click on Cases in the list.
- From the Cases Home Tab click New.
- From the drop-down on the Select Case Record Type screen, choose Duplicate Contacts and click Continue.
- This brings up the New Case screen where information can be filled in as needed. A list of fields and and information to help you fill out your Duplicate Contact Case correctly the first time is below:
- Contact Name: Select your own staff contact record, NOT the student's record. (Selecting a record with an Organization of "UMN" will break visibility between campuses.)
- Organization Name: This will be automatically populated with the Organization from the Contact record. This should not be "UMN" (see above for reason).
- Duplicate Contact IDs: List the Contact IDs that should be merged with the provided Contact record, separated by a comma, space, or new line. Contact ids can be found in the url of the contact record (the 15 character code after the ".com/" in the url).
- Subject: Is optional here but can be used to convey desired information about the duplicates being submitted.
- Description: Is optional here but can be used to convey desired information about the duplicates being submitted.
- Priority: Indicate how high of a priority the defect is.
- In Campus of Interest select your campus code.
- If your case has a complete list of requirements and is ready to be submitted, set the Status to 10 - New.
- If you are still working on filling out the requirements for the case and are not ready for it to be submitted to IT yet, set the Status to 05 - Requirements Under Development.
- Cases with this status will not be submitted to IT until the Status gets changed to 10 - New.
- Once all of the information has been filled, click on Save at the top or bottom of the Case Edit screen to create the Case.
- The CRM support team uses Chatter on Cases for communication. When reviewing updates to a Case or adding or changing Case information, use the Chatter function to @mention your CRM support rep to ensure that they get the message.
- As your Case progresses, you may get asked to verify if the bug has been fixed or if the enhancement is doing what you expected it to do. For more information on verifying and updating fixes, review Verify a Case in Don and Verify a Case in Production.