Recruitment CRM: Create and Manage a Defect Support Case
When you want to change something within Recruitment CRM, or if something isn't quite working the way you think it should, then you'll need to create a Support Case. This article gives an overview on how to submit a Support Case for the first time with the proper information necessary. This is important for resolving the issue more quickly. This article describes how to create a Support Case for a Defect.
Choose the Defect record type for reporting a bug or broken functionality. This should only be used when something is not working how it is supposed to (if you’d like to change how something is designed to work, submit an Enhancement Case).
- Examples: Broken visibility, existing functionality no longer works, user receives error message
It is helpful to double check your internal business processes prior to submitting any Support Case. Certain types of requests may need to go through additional approval processes or be submitted by specific staff members.
Creating a Defect Support Case
- From your homepage, click on Cases if showing as a default tab or click on the All Tabs button (+) in the menu bar to display All Tabs and click on Cases in the list.
- From the Cases Home Tab click New.
- From the drop-down on the Select Case Record Type screen, choose Defect and click Continue.
- This brings up the New Case screen where information can be filled in as needed. A list of fields and and information to help you fill out your Defect Case correctly the first time is below:
- Subject: Provide a short one-line description of the Defect.
- Steps to Reproduce: Give clear and repeatable steps on how to reproduce the defect, including the user who experienced this if other than the Case contact.
- Expected Outcome: Outline what should be happening when you perform the steps provided in Steps to Reproduce.
- Actual Outcome: Provide information on what is actually happening when you perform the steps provided in Steps to Reproduce.
- Description: Include any additional information about the defect that you feel is important.
- Contact Name: This is the person support staff should contact with questions about the Case.
- Priority: Indicate how high of a priority the defect is.
- In Campus of Interest select your campus code.
- For Case Category try to select from the dropdown as accurately as you can for what your request is related to.
- If your case has a complete list of requirements and is ready to be submitted, set the Status to 10 - New.
- If you are still working on filling out the requirements for the case and are not ready for it to be submitted to IT yet, set the Status to 05 - Requirements Under Development.
- Cases with this status will not be submitted to IT until the Status gets changed to 10 - New.
- Once all of the information has been filled, click on Save at the top or bottom of the Case Edit screen to create the Case.
- The CRM support team uses Chatter on Cases for communication. When reviewing updates to a Case or adding or changing Case information, use the Chatter function to @mention your CRM support rep to ensure that they get the message.
- As your Case progresses, you may get asked to verify if the bug has been fixed or if the enhancement is doing what you expected it to do. For more information on verifying and updating fixes, review Verify a Case in Don and Verify a Case in Production.