Recruitment CRM: Create and Manage an Enhancement/Other Support Case
When you want to change something within Recruitment CRM, or if something isn't quite working the way you think it should, then you'll need to create a Support Case. This article gives an overview on how to submit a Support Case for the first time with the proper information necessary. This is important for resolving the issue more quickly. This article describes how to create a Support Case for an Enhancement/Other Support Request.
Choose the Enhancement/Other Support Request record type for changes to current functionality or request for new functionality. Please attach the documentation on the business process for which this enhancement is needed.
- Examples: New workflow rule, rebrand webpages/emails, create a new field
It is helpful to double check your internal business processes prior to submitting any Support Case. Certain types of requests may need to go through additional approval processes or be submitted by specific staff members.
- From your homepage, click on Cases if showing as a default tab or click on the All Tabs button (+) in the menu bar to display All Tabs and click on Cases in the list.
- From the Cases Home Tab click New.
- From the drop-down on the Select Case Record Type screen, choose Enhancement/Other Support Request and click Continue.
- This brings up the New Case screen where information can be filled in as needed. A list of fields and and information to help you fill out your Enhancement/Other Support Request Case correctly the first time is below:
- Subject: Provide a short one-line description of the Enhancement or Support needed.
- Description: Use this field to provide details about what is required for the Enhancement or Support Request. Generally good information to include are roles of the intended audience, information on the process or function where the enhancement or assistance is needed, and what desired results the system should return with any requested changes. Including information about business processes that you are trying to improve and/or work with in regards to the enhancement or support are also useful.
- Contact Name: This should be the person support staff should contact with questions about the Case.
- Priority: Indicate the Priority of this request.
- In Campus of Interest select your campus code.
- If your case has a complete list of requirements and is ready to be submitted, set the Status to 10 - New.
- If you are still working on filling out the requirements for the case and are not ready for it to be submitted to IT yet, set the Status to 05 - Requirements Under Development.
- Cases with this status will not be submitted to IT until the Status gets changed to 10 - New.
- Once all of the information has been filled, click on Save at the top or bottom of the Case Edit screen to create the Case.
- The CRM support team uses Chatter on Cases for communication. When reviewing updates to a Case or adding or changing Case information, use the Chatter function to @mention your CRM support rep to ensure that they get the message.
- As your Case progresses, you may get asked to verify if the bug has been fixed or if the enhancement is doing what you expected it to do. For more information on verifying and updating fixes, review Verify a Case in Don and Verify a Case in Production.