Qualys: Unit Manager Responsibilities
Unit Managers are individual(s) who are responsible for unit set up/maintenance for their unit
- Assign responsibilities of the other Qualys roles in the unit: scanners readers, remediation user.
- Manage users (scanners, readers, remediation user) for the Business Unit. This includes set up, deactivate or reactivate, reset passwords. Assign users to Asset Groups.
- Identify to University Information Security (email University Information Security) a list of subnets your unit is responsible for. This is used for discovery mapping your section of the network, similar to nmap. Discovery maps are free.
- Identify to University Information Security (email University Information Security) a list of IP/IP Ranges for systems your unit is responsible for scanning.
- Set up and maintain the list of IP addresses that are included in the Critical Systems Asset Group for your unit following the naming convention for Asset Groups.
- Scan all IP addresses in the Critical System Asset Groups.
- Review and mitigate the vulnerabilities detected.
- Review open ticket remediation for IP’s assigned to your Business Unit or Asset group.
- Manage the other Asset Groups that you create to meet your scanning/reporting needs, following the naming convention for Asset Groups.
- Discovery map your section of the network at least monthly and review the Map reports for unknown devices.