Overview and Settings
Navigation for Instructors
- Standard Gradebook - Moodle's default full class list and activities view.
Scrolling through the spreadsheet will move the username column and activity column headings off the screen. Username column can be frozen in My Preferences.
- UMN Gradebook - Our UMN customized full class list and activities view.
Username column and activity column headers stay in place as you scroll throughout the spreadsheet.
- Edit by Item - Customized addition that allows the grader to select an activity and enter grades in empty cells and/or override activity entered scores singularly or in bulk.
- Edit by Student - Customized addition that allows the grader to select a student and enter grades in empty cells and/or override activity entered scores singularly or in bulk.
- Grade Breakdown - Customized addition that displays statistical breakdown of grades for all students or groups, for all activities or select ones.
- Outcomes Report - When using outcomes attached to activities, a tabular display of outcome standings in the course site.
- User report - shows grades, ranges, feedback, and course total for an individual student . This is what a student will see in the gradebook, unless you have hidden grade items.
Setup and Layout
- Simple View or Full View - Two grader views of the gradebook organization of activities that will be the User Report view for students. Each view offers extended functionality to the gradebook Aggregation methods, i.e. Extra Credit, Exclude Empty Grades, Drop the Lowest, Multiplicator, Offset, move, hide, delete, and lock.
- Add Category - Create categories for organization of the gradebook, and aggregration actions such as weighting. If categories are used the Grader Report will have 3 options for Category Views.
- Add Grade Item - Add a graded item to the gradebook that is not a standard Moodle created activity.
- Add Outcome Item - Add a course site outcome to a graded activity.
- Can be used to view and create non-numeric ways of evaluating student performance.
- Allows viewing and editing of grade letters.
- Can be used to import grades instead of entering them manually Grader report or Edit by Student or Edit by Item.
- Allows exporting grades and saving them locally.
- Determines how the gradebook and reports appear for all participants in the course
My Preferences tab
- Allows you to change the display of the Grader report just for yourself
Some definitions that may be used interchangeably:
- Grade item (located under Categories and Items tab) = Grade column (located under Grader Report tab)
- Grades = Points = Marks = Scores
- Grader Report = Gradebook = Gradebook table/roster/spreadsheet