IT@UMN Outstanding Service Award
The IT@UMN Outstanding Service Award is designed to recognize special contributions, above and beyond the normal scope of job responsibilities. A recipient of this award is someone who makes outstanding contributions to the objectives of IT@UMN, and achieves high performance in going above and beyond the responsibilities of their position.
Performance standards eligible for this award include:
- Exceptional Performance: Demonstrated exceptional performance that exceeds goals and work expectations in quantity and/or quality.
- Creativity: One-time innovation or creation that results in time/dollar savings, revenue enhancement, productivity improvement, and/or ongoing innovative/creative activities that benefit organizational systems, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Organizational Abilities: Exhibiting extraordinary skills in leadership resulting in the accomplishment of significant departmental or divisional goals and objectives; effective project management, which could include developing a project and/or implementing a project with substantial success; and/or demonstrating organizational capability leading to a greater level of effectiveness.
- Work Success: Significantly exceeding productivity, customer service, quality of care or similar goals, including demonstrating superior interactions with managers, peers, supervisors, subordinates, the University community, and/or clients and customers served.
- Teamwork: Acting as an exceptionally effective and cooperative team member or team leader for a team that has significantly exceeded the goals/objectives of the department unit.
Anyone may nominate staff for IT@UMN Service Awards.
Each nomination must include:
- A completed IT@UMN Service Award nomination form and
- A detailed description (2+ paragraphs) of the specific reason for nomination, referencing one of more of the award standards. Describe the exceptional performance aspects that warrant an Outstanding Service Award, and highlight how this is above and beyond the scope of job responsibilities.
Recipients and one guest are invited.
Nominations will be evaluated by a nomination review committee, followed by selection by VPCIO. This committee typically consists of two OIT staff, two IT@UMN staff, and one or two system campus representatives.
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of the information provided in the nomination form. The nomination should concisely document the outstanding achievements and contributions in the nominee's position, specifically highlighting how these achievements and contributions go above and beyond normal job responsibilities.
Deadline for Submission
Submit nominations for the Outstanding Service Award on or before September 1.
The VPCIO will send a reminder notification two weeks prior the submission deadline date.
Award values will be set by the VPCIO on an annual basis. The target value is $2,000 or less.
Each award will consist of a one-time monetary award (paid to the recipient as non-recurring salary) and a certificate of recognition presented at IT@UMN Recognition dinner. Recipients and one guest are invited.