News & Alerts
News from NGN: Weekly WiFi Roundup
In the last week, WiFi access point upgrades have been completed successfully in the following locations:
- Crookston: Selvig Hall
- Crookston: University Teaching and Outreach Center
- Crookston: Dowell Hall
- Crookston: Dowell Annex
- Crookston: Early Childhood Building
- Crookston: Hill Hall
- Crookston: Owen Hall
- Crookston: Sahlstrom Conference Center
- Crookston: Sargeant Student Center
- Crookston: Agricultural Research Center
- Crookston: Agricultural Research Support Facility
- Crookston: Bergland Laboratory
- Crookston: Production Horticulture Facility
- Crookston: Maintenance Farm Research Operation Center
- Crookston: Soils/Water Quality Lab
- Crookston: Evergreen Hall
- Crookston: Heritage Hall
- Duluth: Junction Apartments 1
- Duluth: Junction Apartments 2
- Duluth: Campus Utilities Building
- Duluth: Oakland Aspen
- Duluth: Oakland Balsam
- Duluth: Oakland Oak
- Duluth: Sports and Health Center
- Duluth: Malosky Stadium
- Duluth: Chester Park
- Duluth: Swenson Science Building
- Rochester: 318 Commons
- Rochester: Paine Building
- Rochester: University Square
University WiFi service is currently stable and users are reporting speed increases and better connection times. For the best WiFi experience, students, faculty, and staff should connect to eduroam, the preferred secure WiFi network at the University of Minnesota.
Work is ongoing for the Next Generation Network (NGN) project and WiFi access point upgrades are continuing on all University of Minnesota campuses and remote locations from May through August 2017.
This is the first phase of the University's Next Generation Network project. This work will impact every WiFi access point (AP) in buildings and structures system-wide. Service disruption is expected to be minimal.
You can view the WiFi upgrade schedule at it.umn.edu/ngn-schedule. Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
If you have questions or are experiencing any network connection issues, please contact Technology Help at 612-301-4357 or email@example.com.