News & Alerts
ULearn to be Retired; Training Hub to Launch in June
The University of Minnesota is transitioning from ULearn to a new training administration system, Training Hub. Training Hub is scheduled to be available to University learners beginning Tuesday, June 5.
What Learners Need to Know
Those who are actively taking courses in ULearn are strongly encouraged to complete their training before midnight on June 1. Any partial progress made in ULearn training courses will not be transferred to Training Hub. After June 1, any partially completed training in ULearn would need to be restarted from the beginning in Training Hub.
Please Note: The Preventing and Responding to Sexual Misconduct training is not being offered via ULearn, so it does not need to be completed by June 1. Anyone assigned the training still has a due date of June 30.
- May 7 at 8 a.m. - Training administrators gain access to the Training Hub.
- June 1 at midnight - Learners no longer have access to ULearn.
- June 5 at 8 a.m. - Learners gain access to Training Hub.
- June 30 at midnight - Training administrators no longer have access to ULearn and all content and data in ULearn is no longer available to anyone at the University.
About the Transition: Training & Performance Management
Transition activities to prepare for the June cutover have been underway since December. If you administer training in ULearn and have not been in contact with the transition team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and visit the Training System Transition webpages.
If your unit has been using ULearn for performance management, your human resources lead is working in partnership with the Office of Human Resources to archive all performance management reports.
Training Records will be Maintained
Training completion data from ULearn will continue to be available in the data warehouse. To learn more about how to access reports on training, visit the Training Records How-to Guide.
Other ULearn Data Needs to be Archived
If you rely on data other than training completions, you will need to archive that data for your future reference. There will be no central storage of historical ULearn data other than the completions (as noted above). To learn more about how to run reports in ULearn, visit the Find Data and Reports webpage.
Training Hub Features
Training Hub leverages the University’s enterprise learning management system, Canvas, with University-built training administration functionality now in the final stages of development. The system features:
- Ability to assign training to UMN faculty and staff
- Ability for UMN students, faculty, staff, and guests to self-enroll
- Ability to track training completion
- Ability to set registration limits, prerequisites, and enrollment controls
- Ability to compose and send scheduled email notifications to registrants
- Catalog of available training courses
- Self-help for training administrators
- Technology Help available 24/7
The transition team would like to thank training admins for their partnership and feedback throughout this process. If you have any questions about this transition, please feel free to contact email@example.com.