News & Alerts
Training Hub: Section Numbers
Yesterday we went into some depth on the Course Details page, and how you can control what learners see there. Today’s email will just focus on how section numbers fit into what you already know.
Sections Are Sorted by Section Number
As soon as you set up a course, one section is automatically created within that course. That section will have the default number “001”. If you copy this section, the new section will have the number of “001 - Copy”. You can always change these section numbers as you edit the section.
It is good practice to number your sections sequentially. The Course Details (deep link) page will list all of your active sections, and the default order will be by section number. Here is an example of what that will look like:
Note: You cannot use the same section number for more than one active section within a course.
How to Change a Section Number
- Navigate to Training Hub (training.umn.edu).
- Click Admin Console.
- Click Manage Courses.
- Click Edit for the appropriate course.
- Scroll down to Sections.
- Click Edit for the appropriate section.
- Change the Section Number.
- Scroll down and click Update Course Section.
As you work on migrating your courses to Training Hub, remember to:
Get support by
- using the self-help guide
- attending an open lab for training administrators
- emailing email@example.com.