News & Alerts
Retirement date set for Lyris mass email tool
As previously announced, the Lyris mass email tool will be retired, once all users had been transitioned to the University's new mass email distribution system, Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly ExactTarget). That transition is now complete, and the retirement date for Lyris is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 1, one week prior to the start of fall semester. At that time, all Lyris accounts will be disabled and and no email will be sent through Lyris.
A more modern and user-friendly tool, Salesforce Marketing Cloud offers enhanced features and benefits including:
- faster email delivery
- better email tracking and reporting
- a WYSIWYG editor
- responsive, mobile-friendly templates
- easy access to metrics and analytics
- on-demand video training tutorials
What do you need to do?
- If you are already sending your email from Marketing Cloud you will not need to do anything.
- If you use the University of Minnesota Foundation's Donor Management System (DMS) lists, a member of the project team will contact you to discuss your transition from Lyris to Marketing Cloud.
- If you're still using Lyris to send to other internal or external lists, please contact the Messaging and Calendaring team to help with transitioning your mass email to Marketing Cloud.
Because the Lyris hardware and software are no longer supported by the vendor, we encourage you to make your move from Lyris to Marketing Cloud as soon as possible.
For guidelines and requirements when using mass email in your unit’s communications, see the Mass Email Requirements and Guidelines.
Thank you for your support and understanding. If you would like to set up a transition meeting, or have further questions or concerns, please let us know by contacting Technology Help at (61) 301-4357 (1-HELP on campus) or firstname.lastname@example.org.