Canvas Release Notes for March 10, 2018
March 10, 2018
Updated Features for Admins
Account Course and User Search (Beta Feature)
- Can be enabled at the root account or sub-account level
- The course page (default page for sub-accounts) includes new search functionality.
- Displays Course Name, SIS ID, Term, Teacher, Sub-account and number of students
- Search by Term, Course/Teacher or the course name
- The people page user search also includes new functionality.
- Displays Name, Email, SIS ID and Last login date/time
- Search by role (includes all non Admin UMN roles) or name
Updated Features for Instructors
Courses Page Design Updates
- The Unread button has been changed to a menu, where users can filter between all announcements and unread announcements.
- External feeds are viewed and managed within a separate sidebar. The RSS feed button has been changed to a link within the External Feeds sidebar.
- Announcements are locked by default and no longer display a lock icon. Announcements that allow comments include a Reply link under the announcement.
- Announcements can be specified for a specific section or all sections. The number of sections is visible to all users who are able to view the announcement.
- Instructors can create section-specific announcements (all sections, one section, or multiple sections) in their courses.