Upcoming Changes to PeopleSoft Interface
People who use PeopleSoft will notice some changes to the user interface as a result of an upgrade to PeopleTools (version 8.59) scheduled for April 23-24, 2022. This article outlines several changes PeopleSoft users will see as a result of the PeopleTools upgrade.
- The Homepage Selector will move to the top left just below the banner.
- A homepage toggle will be added on the top right.
- Recently Visited (clock icon) and Favorites (heart icon) will be accessed with one click on the left side.
- Menu options will be sorted alphabetically by default.
- You can change the many sort order back to "Standard" from Settings (gear icon) in the NavBar.
- Breadcrumbs in the Menu will allow you to easily see your navigation path and go back to a previous folder.
- The NavBar icon will change slightly but is located in the same place.
- The Notifications icon will be a bell instead of a flag.
- The Navigator will be renamed to Menu and the icon will change.
- Global Search will move to the center of the banner. For best results, users will select from a dropdown many the pillar they want to search in.
- The Classic Home will be decommissioned and will no longer be available.
New Feature: Autocomplete
Autocomplete will provide suggestions as you type in many fields within PeopleSoft.
- Autocomplete will be turned off by default. Users can turn this functionality on/off by going to Actions > My Preferences > Navigation Personalizations > Autocomplete.
- The Autocomplete feature will sync across all pillars.
Branding for Non-Production Environments
When working in the non-production environments, you will see very light text in the background identifying the environment.
HR and Finance Specific
New Feature: Classic Plus
- Brings an updated look and feel to delivered PeopleSoft pages
- This impacts just the style, spacing, and coloring of objects on pages. The navigation and relative placement of fields and buttons remain the same.
What is PeopleTools?
PeopleTools provides the underlying technology for PeopleSoft applications. All PeopleSoft applications, such as Human Capital Management, Campus Solutions, Interaction Hub, and the Enterprise Financial System are built and maintained using PeopleTools.