Google Sites Migration
Google is retiring classic Sites and will be replacing it with the new version of Google Sites. Owners of University of Minnesota classic Sites have until November 30, 2021 to migrate to the new Google Sites. Starting December 2021, any remaining classic Sites will be automatically archived and replaced with a draft in the new Sites experience for site owners to review and publish. This change applies to all system campus domains.
No action is required for University Google Sites that are already in new Sites.
- July 2017: New Sites became available
- Aug. 2020: New Sites became the default option for creating Google Sites
- May 2021: Sites can no longer be created in classic Sites
- Oct. 2021: Editing of classic Sites is disabled
- Nov. 30, 2021: Deadline to migrate classic Sites
- Dec. 2021: Classic Sites will be retired
The Google Sites Migration website provides detailed timeline information, describes how to migrate classic Sites manually and with Google’s conversion tool, and highlights new features.
If you have any questions, please contact Technology Help for assistance.