Canvas Release Notes April 2021
Read highlights from the April 17, 2021 release notes below.
Multiple Attempts First Score Option
- The Multiple Attempts menu includes an option to retain the first score for grading when multiple submission attempts are allowed.
- Selecting this option retains the first score for a quiz, even if the quiz is retaken at a later time.
- Students can still retake the quiz for a pre-determined higher percentage or score (such as for a module prerequisite) or for later practice.
- Students are not told ahead of time that the first score is kept. Consider including the scoring selection in the quiz details.
Save and Build Button Workflow
- When a New quiz is created and the details for a quiz are entered, the page displays both a Save and a Build button. Previously the page only included the Save button, which counterintuitively launched the New Quiz editor.
- The Save button saves the content in the existing page and returns the user to the area where the quiz was accessed.
- The Build button saves the existing page and launches the New Quiz editor.