NetFiles: Receive Notifications from Subscriptions
NetFiles may be set up to notify you when a file is edited or read; this is called Subscriptions. Subscriptions are available to users with read access. A notification is sent via email when files or folders are viewed, changed, or commented upon.
Create a new subscription
- From the Netfiles Document Manager screen (the main screen) and Right-Click the selected file or folder OR select the file or folder and click the Manage icon
- Select the Subscribe option OR select the Subscriptions link and click the New Subscription button
- A pop-up box will appear with several options in it.
- In the Notify Me When section, you may choose the type of events that trigger notifications. These are when the file is edited, viewed or commented upon. You may select more than one of these options.
- In the Report Frequency section, you may choose between receiving a notification every time one of these events occurs or receiving one notification per day cataloguing all the events.
- In the Expires section, you may select an expiration date for your notifications or you may choose to have the notifications never expire.
(Note: these changes apply to the files that reside in the folder you have selected, as well as to those within any sub-folders within that folder.)
- Click the OK button to save your choices.
Subscriptions Through Email
When sharing a file or folder, you are provided with the option to notify the user via email. When the email is received, it includes a link to the shared file or folder. This link, when clicked will provide an option to subscribe to the shared item.
- Click on the link that is in the email.
- You are brought to the Bookmark and Subscribe window. Place a checkmark in the Subscribe box.
- Click OK.
"Change Events on files" include:
"Change Events on folders" include:
"Read Events" include:
A comment event occurs whenever a comment is created on a file or folder.
Cancel an Existing Subscription
When canceling via the file or folder's manage screen, you will only see those subscriptions which are pertinent to the file or folder you are currently managing.
- Right-Click on the file or folder of your choice.
- Select Manage -> Subscriptions.
- Place a checkmark in the box associated with the subscription.
- Click the Unsubscribe button to remove the subscription.