Moodle 3.2: View Quiz Reports
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
After a quiz has been graded there are four different reports that display data and statistics for that quiz. The Grades, Responses, and Statistics reports can be downloaded in five different formats. The two most popular formats are .xlsx and .csv. The Manual Grading report is a method of gathering essay questions for grading. The do not have an independent file to download, but are included in the full Grades report.
Viewing a Quiz report
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the appropriate quiz and click the link.
- In the Administration block under Quiz Administration, click Results.
- Click a report type to view it:
- Manual grading
Overview of Quiz Report Types
Grade reports shows each quiz attempt for every student, including the overall score and the score for each question. With the Grade report you can:
- Download the table of quiz results in a variety of formats.
- View an individual student quiz attempt by clicking Review Attempt under a student’s name.
- Regrade or delete individual quiz attempts using the checkboxes to the left of each student name.
- View average quiz score totals and average scores for individual questions at the bottom of each column.
- View a graph of the distribution of scores at the bottom of the page.
This is similar to the Grades report, except that it shows the responses a student gave rather than the marks they earned.
It is also possible to compare the question text or the correct answer with the student's response. This is helpful when the question is randomised.
This report gives a statistical (psychometric) analysis of the quiz and the questions within it. The front page of this report gives a summary of the whole test. There are also links to drill down into a detailed analysis of a particular question.
The full report (overview and detailed analysis of all questions) can be downloaded in a variety of formats, as can the quiz structure analysis table.
For more detailed information about the different types of statistics that can be gathered from this report, see Quiz statistics report.
The Quiz Manual Grading report is most frequently used to manually grade essay questions, but can be used to manually grade other questions as well.
The first screen of the report lists all the manually graded questions (essay questions) in the quiz along with the number of attempts.
You can choose to also show questions that have been automatically graded. This is useful if these grades need to be edited manually.