Moodle 3.2: Drag and Drop Onto Image Question Type
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
Drag and Drop onto Image is one of three new question types in Moodle 3.0. This question type allows students to drag words, images or both from a list and drop them into pre-defined drop zones on a base image.The question requires:
- A background image
- Collections of images and/or text
The designer will upload a background image.The designer then uploads images or enters text, organizing them into like groups. Moodle creates (a) common sized template(s) for the images, and/or the text. The designer then drags each image and/or text template to the correct location on the background image. Moodle determines the coordinates and creates a drop zone for the images and/or text.
Creating the question
- From the course homepage:
- Go to the Administration block.
- Click Question Bank, then click Questions.
- On the Question Bank page:
- Select a Category to store the question.
- Click Create a new question and select Drag and Drop Markers from the list.
- Give the question a descriptive name to help you find it in the question bank. (Students do not see the name.)
- Enter the question into the text editor, using any formatting you wish.
- In the Preview section, click the background image button to upload an image.
- Larger images will be displayed at a maximum 600 x 400.
- Your image will then display under the file upload box.
- In the Draggable items section:
- You can upload images if you leave the type as 'draggable image'
- You can type in words if you change the type to 'draggable text'.
- You may have a mixture of images and text when group into similar Groups.
- In the Drop zones section, you choose which items to go in which zone. Click the 'Refresh preview' button.
- You then position the items on the background image. Moodle will add their coordinates for you.
Preview of the background image with drop zones placeholders
Image and text markers placed in their proper drop zones