Moodle 3.2: Add a Choice Activity
Applies to: 3.2.
Choice is a simple question and answer activity that allows asking one multiple-choice question. The instructor may limit the number of responses allowed, and choose if and when to show results to students.
Some examples are:
- Quick poll
- Select a project
- Preview exam questions
- Choose teams or take sides in a debate
- Gather consent
- Sign up for office hours
- Confirm understanding of key concepts
Choices cannot be made completely anonymous. To create an anonymous survey, see the Create a Feedback Activity.
Adding a Choice Activity
- From the course homepage click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource in the section where you want to add the Choice.
- Select Choice and click Add.
- Enter a Choice name.
- Enter a Description if desired.
- Choice options are displayed horizontally by default. You can choose vertically if you want.
- Click Options and choose from the following:
- Allow choice to be updated - If Yes is selected, lets students return to the choice and change their selection.
- Allow more than one choice to be selected - If Yes is selected, lets students choose more than one option.
- Limit the number of responses allowed - If Yes is selected, limits the number of responses for each option.
- Enter text for the Options you want to use.
- If Limits are being used, enter a Limit for each.
- Click Results to view and set options.
- Publish results - Determines whether and when students can see results.
- Privacy of results - If you are allowing students to see results, determines whether these are anonymous or not.
- Show column for unanswered - Displays a column of students who have not yet responded to the Choice.
- Include responses from inactive/suspended users - Includes responses from students who have dropped or withdrawn from the course after already submitting the Choice.
- Click Save and return to course.