You are here
Home » Services » Academic Technology Tools » Course Management System (Moodle & Related Software) » Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Set up the Submission Phase for a Workshops
Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Set up the Submission Phase for a Workshops
Applies to: Moodle 2.8, 3.0, 3.2
In the submission phase of a workshop, students submit their work that will be reviewed by peers. There are many options to consider for this phase of the workshop.
Initial Setup Tips
- Submission instructions are a required element of the workshop's Setup phase by the instructor. However, it is not marked as Required* in the workshop settings.
- A text editor window is available for entering instructions for students on what to submit.
- There is not an option to attach a file from the instructor.
- An instructor can control access to this phase by using a Submission start date (and time), submission end date (and time) or both.
- Permission for students to submit after the deadline is an option.
- Students can submit up to seven files with size limitations up to the course maximum load.
- Any standard type of digital file can be submitted with a workshop assignment.The instructor, teaching assistant, or assessing student/peer reviewer evaluating the submission would need to have an application that could open that file type.
- The students can use the text editor for image attachments.
- If the workshop assignment asks for large video submission, please see the articles on how to link to a YouTube video, or Google drive file.
Submission Phase Facilitation Tips
- As submissions from students arrive, the instructor can make peer assignments if that is part of the workshop strategy. See Allocation of submissions for peer review.
- Peer assignments can begin before all students have submitted their work.
- Students cannot assess their peer assignments until the Assess phase begins.
ServiceNow Article ID