You are here
Home » Services » Academic Technology Tools » Course Management System (Moodle & Related Software) » Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Publish Questions from Respondus to Moodle Directly
Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Publish Questions from Respondus to Moodle Directly
Applies to: Moodle 2.8, 3.0, 3.2.
Note: Use the most recent version of Respondus that is available for download at the Respondus Quiz Tool Information course site. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the site.
Publishing questions from Respondus to Moodle
- Start the Respondus program.
- Click the Start tab.
- Select Moodle under Current Personality.
- Click Open on the main screen.
- Select your Respondus file and click Open. The file opens in the Edit tab.
- Select the Preview & Publish tab.
- Click Publish to Moodle.
- Click Publish Wizard.
- Select Publish to a Single Course (default).
- From Moodle Server, Choose - add new server.
- Select Yes, check for preconfigured server settings.
- If you are using a course site for spring or summer term 2016, select Moodle 2.8 for Academic Year 2015-2016.
- If you are using a course site for fall term 2016 or spring term 2017, select Moodle 3.0 for Academic Year 2016-2017.
- If you are using a course site for fall term 2017 or spring term 2018, select Moodle 3.2 for Academic Year 2017-2018.
- Click OK.
- Give the server a name (e.g. "Moodle 3.2").
- For Username and Password, enter your University email address (@umn.edu) and password. (Do not at d, r, crk, or morris before umn.edu.)
- Click Next. A connection test will run unless you have selected to opt out of it.
- Click Next to return to the Publish Wizard.
- Click Next to connect to the server.
- On the Publish Wizard page:
- #1 - Choose a Moodle course site to publish to from the menu.:
- #2 - Specify Question category: Create new or Use existing.
- #3 - Select the Section (Week or Topic) where you want this quiz to be added in your chosen site (#1 above.). Or choose to replace an existing quiz.
- Click Next to publish. The program should upload the questions, create a question bank category, and place the quiz in the selection topic of your course site.
- Click Finish.
- Go to your Moodle course site and confirm the changes.
ServiceNow Article ID