You are here
Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Grade Moodle Activities
Applies to: Moodle 2.8, 3.0, 3.2.
Graders should enter grades via the grading page of most or all Moodle activities instead of in the Moodle gradebook. When a score, grade or comment is made on an activity grading page, it is automatically sent to the appropriate gradebook column. Grades and scores either automatically or manually entered on the activity grading page are editable.
Scores and grades entered for a graded activity or item directly in the gradebook interface cannot be changed on the activity grading page -- the activity grading page is locked by the gradebook entry. The grade or score then must be changed within the gradebook. For this reason, entering scores for activities in the gradebook interface should only be done in very rare circumstances. See Enter Grades and Feedback via the Gradebook for more information.
Grading Moodle Assignments
The Assignment grading page allows for detailed or quick grading, assigning a grade or score, entering comments, attaching comment files, uploading the submission file with comments, or marking and commenting a text submission. See the following articles for your specific grading situation:
- Grade Assignments with the Detailed View (2.8, 3.0)
- Grade Assignments with Detailed View (3.2)
- Grade Assignments with Quick Grading
- Provide Instructor Feedback in Assignments
- Provide Instructor Feedback within Downloaded Student Assignment Files
- Grade Assignments with an Offline Grading Worksheet
- Grade Assignments using a Grading Guide (2.8, 3.0)
- Grade Assignments using a Grading Guide (3.2)
- Grade Assignments using a Grading Rubric (2.8, 3.0)
- Grade Assignments using a Grading Rubric (3.2)
The Quiz grading page allows for a detailed view of the answers, overriding an automatic score, adding comments, and evaluating and scoring essay questions.
- Review Quiz Responses and Statistics
- Grade Essay Questions in a Quiz
- Grade or Make a Comment on a Quiz Question
- Edit Questions used in a Graded Quiz
Grading Forum Posts
The Forum submission pages allow for grader rating, comments and deletion of a posting.