Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Course Completion Overview
Applies to: Moodle 3.0, 3.2
Course Completion is a report that shows if students have completed a course according to specific criteria that an instructor can create. Criteria can include any activity completion criteria for resources or activities. The report can also show if the student has completed another course(s) that is marked as a recommended, prerequisite course. See Add Completion Course Status Block for instructions on how to communicate to students through the course site the course completions that you set up in this report.
Overview of Course Completion Report Options
- Completion Requirements
- Course is complete when ALL conditions are met - marks course as complete when all other required conditions are met.
- Course is complete when ANY conditions are met - marks course as complete when an enrolled user completes at least one of the required conditions.
Condition: Activity completion
This will display a list of activities in your course for which Activity completion is enabled. Check the box for any activity that must be completed to complete the course.
- Completion Requirements
- ALL selected activities to be completed -- all activities that have a check mark must be completed by the student before this condition is considered completed.
- ANY selected activities to be completed -- any selected activity can be completed for this condition to be considered complete.
Condition: Completion of other courses
- Courses Available
- Select other courses that must be marked complete before the course you're in can be marked as complete.
- Condition requires
- ALL selected courses to be completed -- all selected courses must be marked complete before this condition is considered complete.
- ANY selected courses to be completed -- if any selected course is marked as complete, this condition will be considered complete.
Condition which requires students to remain enrolled until a specific date.
- Check the box to enable the condition; then select a date that the students must be enrolled until.
Condition: Enrollment duration
Condition which requires students to remain enrolled for a certain amount of time.
- Check the box to enable the condition; then choose how long students must remain enrolled.
If enabled, this condition is considered complete when a student unenrolls from the course.
Only students with Participant level access can unenroll themselves. Instructors would need to manually unenroll any user with Student, or Visitor status.
Condition: Course grade
If enabled, condition will be considered complete when the selected grade is achieved by the student.
Condition: Manual self completion
If enabled, the condition is considered complete when a student manually marks the course as complete. See the note -- must add the Manual Self Completion block. Manual Self Completion block must be enabled for this to work.
Condition: Manual completion by others
If enabled, users in the selected roles can mark the course as complete through the Manual Self Completion block.