Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Auto Enroll Students from PeopleSoft for Academic Courses
Applies to: Moodle 3.0, 3.2
If your course site is for an academic course, and you are an instructor of record, you can set up auto-enrollment of students from PeopleSoft. All adds, drops, and withdraws will be processed automatically based on the official enrollment data. Note: If you are planning to submit your grades to PeopleSoft from the Moodle grade book, be sure to select the gradable sections (labs/discussions).
Co-designers (people who have Instructor/Designer access to a Moodle course site but are not listed in PeopleSoft) will be able to see this interface, but will not be able to use it.
- Go to the course home page.
- Locate the Administration block, select the Users link. (The Administration block is located in the left column, usually at the top.)
- Click Enrollment methods.
- Click UMN auto-enrollment. You will see a list of all academic courses which you are officially teaching.
- Click the Add button near the section you want to add.
- The "Linked to Course Site?" column will change to "Yes", and students who are registered for this section will be added to the Moodle site in 1 hour. You may also click Update course enrollment button to add students right away.
- Important: Do not add all class numbers that you see; select only those that correspond to the title of the particular Moodle site. Add multiple call numbers only in the case when your course is cross-listed. Double-check the semester that you are adding.
- If you are not yet listed as the instructor for the course, and any 'Staff' is listed in the class schedule, you will not be able to select class section to auto-enroll. Contact your administrative office to have your name listed as the primary instructor.
- If a student says they have enrolled and you are not able to auto-enroll them, have then contact OneStop Services at ext. 4-1111 to confirm their registration. Students with holds or recent registration may not be part of the enrolled student list yet for your class.
- If you are unable to make changes to the auto enrollment for a course site, submit a Help Request Form.
To create groups based on auto enrollment, see Auto-create Groups Based on PeopleSoft Enrollment.