Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Add a Workshop Activity
Applies to: Moodle 3.0, 3.2.
This article covers how to add a workshop activity to the course site. For more details on what a workshop activity entails, see Workshop Activity Overview.
Adding a workshop activity
- On the course homepage, click Turn editing on.
- In the section you where to want to add the workshop, click the Add an activity link, then choose Workshop from the menu list.
- Fill out the required fields highlighted in red, and configure other common workshop options.
- General - where the title and text Introduction are set.
- Grading Settings - where the points/weighting is set for the submission and assessment(s), a grading strategy, and decimal points.
- Submission Settings – area for a text explanation to the student of what and how to submit, how many files may be submitted, the file maximum size, and if late submissions will be allowed.
- Assessment Settings – area for a text explanation to the student reviewer on how to use the assessment tool (specific to the workshop type), and options pertaining to evaluating the instructor's example submission and the students personal submission.
- Feedback - grader general feedback on the submission; along with a Conclusion statement to the participants when the activity is completed.
- Example Submission - whether to include a sample for students, when they have to complete the sample, and if it is required or voluntary.
- Access control (Availability in 3.2) – open and close dates for both the submission and assessment.
- Common module settings – using groups and groupings.
- Restrict access– option restrictions to hide the activity until stated criteria has been met.
- Click Save and display.
Saving the settings for the Workshop Edit Settings page will send the instructor to the Workshop Planner tool. The instructor will need to click the link to Edit assessment form for access to the assessment form. For more information on assessment options within a workshop, see Grading Options for Workshops and Edit the Workshop Assessment Form.