Moodle 3.0, 3.2: Add Turnitin to an Assignment, Forum, or Workshop
Applies to: Moodle 2.8, 3.0, 3.2.
The Turnitin originality checker is available on Assignments, Forums, and Workshops. You configure and enable Turnitin in the activity settings.Once enabled, you can evaluate student work online using GradeMark. For instructions on how to access this tool, see Use GradeMark. Additionally, after an assignment has been saved, you can Use PeerMark for Peer Review of Assignments.
- Go to the course home page and click Turn editing on.
- Select Add an Activity or Resource in the section where you want to add the Turnitin activity.
- Select Assignment, Forum, or Workshop, and click Add.
- Enter an Activity name and Description.
- Optional: Enter a Due date and Cutoff date.
- These dates are not required. They control when students can post.
- Submissions posted after the due date are marked late.
- Submissions are not accepted after the cutoff date.
- Scroll down to and click Turnitin plagiarism plugin settings.
- Set Enable Turnitin to Yes.
- Optional: Set Display Originality Reports to Students to Yes if you want students to be able to see their Originality Report.
- Verify the Turnitin settings, then click Save and display or Save and return to course.
- Moodle 3.0, 3.2: DO NOT ENABLE Turnitin for an assignment AFTER students have already submitted. If students have already submitted an assignment before you enable Turnitin, they will have to return to the assignment and re-submit it. Turnitin status: Pending will appear immediately but it takes a little longer for the Turnitin ID to appear.
- Moodle 2.8: If students have already submitted an assignment before you enable Turnitin, they will have to return to the assignment and then wait about 15 seconds while it is being submitted to Turnitin. They will know their assignment has been submitted when the Turnitin ID appears. If you have enabled Originality Reports for student viewing, it may take several minutes for the report to appear.