Moodle 2.8, 3.0: Grade Assignments with the Detailed View
Applies to: Moodle 2.6, 2.8, 3.0.
The Detailed grading function in assignments allows the grader to review each student submission one at a time. Depending on the feedback options set in the assignment, the Detailed view allows the grader enter a score, enter Feedback Comments, attach Feedback Files, and/or upload student files with internal comments.
Note: In version 2.8, Detailed view must be used if the grader wants to attach a feedback file or upload student files (one at a time) with internal comments. Starting in Moodle 3.0 assignment files can be downloaded as a single, compressed file, which can then be uncompressed/unzipped and individual files can be viewed and commented in.
Other methods to grade Moodle assignments include:
- Grade Assignments with Quick Grading
- Provide Instructor Feedback within Student Assignment Files
- Grade Assignments with an Offline Grading Worksheet
Grading assignments using Detailed view
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the assignment you need to grade and click the assignment link.
- Click View⁄grade all submissions on the assignment page.
- Scroll down to the table of student submissions.
- Click the Grade icon in the grade column.
- View the student’s submission
- Read Online text or
- Click the submitted file name (File submissions) to download it for review.
- You can also Provide Instructor Feedback within Student Assignment Files.
- Grade the assignment. Options for doing this will vary depending on the grade settings for the assignment. Do one of the following:
- Enter a number grade in the Grade out of XX textbox
- Select the appropriate grade from the Grade menu.
- Select the rubric or marking guide evaluation options.
- Enter Feedback comments in the textbox or attach a Feedback file (optional).
- Choose a save option:
- Save changes: if you are finished grading and want to return to the assignment page.
- Save and show next: to save your evaluation and continue grading the next submission.
- Next: to move on to the next submission without saving the current evaluation.
- Cancel: to return to the assignment page without saving the evaluation.