Moodle 2.8, 3.0: Configure a Quiz for Special Accommodations (User or Group Override)
Applies to: Moodle 2.6, 2.8, and 3.0.
Moodle has a User or Group Override function that makes reconfiguring a quiz for individuals or a group extremely easy. The original configuration will apply to the majority of the class, while the Override settings apply to just the student(s) or group(s) you select. If using the group option you must make the group(s) first.
- You can extend the time limit on a quiz for a student who has a documented need for special accommodations. You might double the time limit for that one student.
- You can extend the due date on an assignment for a student who has missed several days of class due to illness.
Configuring a user or group override
- Go to the course homepage and click the link to the quiz.
- In the Administration block under Quiz Administration choose either User overrides or Group overrides.
- Click Add user override or Add group override.
- Find your user or group. (Only one student or group can be configured for an override at a time.)
- Use the Search box or click a visible student name.
- Select a group from the drop-down menu.
- Choose settings for:
- A password.
- Open and close dates and time.
- Time limit.
- Number of attempts.