IT@UMN Site: Service Subpage (two column) - Create New
In the IT@UMN Site, Service Subpages are associated with services. The Service Subpage (two column) content type is a 2-column layout. The primary (left) column contains the body text. The secondary (right) column contains associated information.
Main Body Content
The Main Body content will appear in the main body of the page. In the image above, it is the content that begins "The University uses a ..."
- Log in to IT@UMN
- Click Content in the administrator bar
- Click +Add Content
- Choose Service Subpage (two column) as the content type
- Provide a Title (be descriptive when giving a title to the page)
- Leave Author blank
- Enter the content of the page in the Body field. This is the main content of the page. As seen in the example above, it is the content that begins with the heading "Duo Security Two-Factor Authentication"
- Expand the Categories section
- Enter your Business Service. You can add additional Business Services if the content pertains to other services.
- Enter the Service Offering. You can add additional Service Offerings if the content pertains to other services.
- Choose a Resource Type. The resource type should be Informational, unless it is clearly a step-by-step How-To page
- Enter any Supporting Technologies that apply to this content. This field can be left blank.
- Audience, Browse Categories, and Keywords can be left blank
- Select a Groups Audience that can edit this content. The Groups Audience is the group that should have editing rights to the Service Subpage (probably your group).
Second Column Content
Further down the form is a section for the Second Column Content. The second column content will appear in the right sidebar of the page.
- Expand the Second Column section
- Add a Second Column Title (if needed). In the example above, the Second Column title is Help and Tutorials
- Add a Section Subtitle (if needed). In the example above, the first Section Subtitle is Enroll Your Devices
- Add a Section Body. In the example above, the first Section Body is the list of links
The Featured Display is used for highlighting the content from this subpage on a Service Offering page. To set up the Featured Display, you need to complete the fields in the Featured Display area, AND add the correct Service Offering Category in the Categories area.
Complete the Featured Display area
- Expand the Featured Display section
- Enter a Title.
- Upload an image.
- Enter a brief description. This can be a bulleted list or otherwise formatted text.
Add the Service Offering in Categories
- At the top of the Edit page, expand the Categories area.
- In the Service Offering Category field, start typing the Service Offering name. When the correct Service Offering appears, choose it from the drop-down list.