CrashPlan PROe is a back up service used by Faculty and Staff of many Colleges and Units here at the UofM. To purchase licenses for a new organization or purchase additional licenses for an existing organization in CrashPlan, fill out and submit the CrashPlan licensing form.
To get started installing CrashPlan, open a web browser and go to z.umn.edu/backup
When prompted for a user name, enter your Internet ID. Your password is your Internet Password.
If you receive an unable to sign in error please email email@example.com for assistance with getting your account set up or for more information on purchasing CrashPlan licenses.
- Click on the App Downloads tab in the left hand column and click the download icon for your device’s operating system to begin the installer download.
- Launch the PROe Client Installer.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Double-click the DMG to mount it, then double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the tgz archive and run the included install.sh BASH script.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
- On the Create a CrashPlan PROe account screen, select Existing Account at the top.
- Username: your Internet ID
- Password: Your Internet password
- PROe Server Address: backup.umn.edu:4282
- From the Welcome screen find your device’s name and click the details button next to it
- To force a backup to begin, click the blue “Run backup now” link.
For additional Information about CrashPlan please see our CrashPlan Overview.