Information Security Awareness Training
All new faculty and staff members at the University, and those in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance areas, are automatically enrolled in the required information security awareness course, Information Security Awareness (ISA17 or ISA18).
This 30-40 minute online course provides information security awareness on safe conputing practices. Topics include:
- You Are the Shield
- Email, Phishing, and Messaging
- Data Security & Data Destruction
If you are required to take the course, you will receive an email notification about how to access the training in the Training Hub. A reminder email notification is sent if you have not completed the training within 20 days of assignment.
Others can request this course by emailing email@example.com.
If you need help using the online training course, contact Technology Help.
The assigned course is available through the Training Hub (authentication required).
- In the Training Hub, select My Training and look for either ISA17 or ISA18.
- Select View Details for the course.
- Select Launch Canvas Course.
- Watch the video and complete the exercises.
- Return to Canvas to log your completeion of the course, by clicking Home in the left menu and then click on Log your completion.
If you do not receive an email from training.umn.edu with the subject: University Information Security Awareness Training - Completed, click this link to log your completion of the ISA17 course.
For more information on taking and completing a course, see Training Hub: Learner Guide.