How to Print in the Computer Labs
Students are able to print at any OIT computer lab for 10 cents per page for black-and-white, and 50 cents a page for color. Payment accepted for printing is Gopher GOLD, which can be added to your UCard at a value port station with cash, at a UCard office with cash or check, or online ($2.00 convenience fee applies).
How to Print
1) On your computer, print as you normally would. Make sure you select the B&W or Color printer, depending on your needs.
2) Depending on your location, you will be asked for either your Internet ID or to create a password. This short simple password only applies to the print job at hand; you may discard it once the job has completed.
3) Go to the lab's print Release Station. (Located near printers)
4) Swipe your UCard, with the magnetic-stripe facing out. If it says “ERROR: LOW BALANCE,” that means your UCard has an insufficient amount of Gopher GOLD funds on it.
5) Select your print job, if applicable, enter the password you created, and click Print.
6) Your print job will print.
Troubleshooting Print Problems with PDFs
The majority of the printing problems that we encounter with our Printing service occur when printing PDFs. These issues can typically be remedied by adjusting the printing process. If you encounter a problem when printing your PDF, you should use Adobe Reader and try printing your PDF as an image. If you have any questions about this or need additional help, please bring your file to one of the technology help walk-in locations.