How to Connect to eduroam
Visitors from eduroam-participating universities can obtain access to University of Minnesota WiFi using the user names and passwords they use at their home institutions. Likewise, when you travel to participating institutions, you may use your University of Minnesota Internet ID and password to log in to the network. Users must sign on to eduroam on their home campus before traveling to other campuses to get their security certificate enabled. You will need to sign on to eduroam with each device that you will be using so that the security certificate is enabled on each device.
- On your device, navigate to the area where you can view all wireless networks that are in range.
- Select eduroam from the list of available wireless networks.
- Your device will now prompt you to log in to the network. Use the following credentials:
- Username: [YourInternetID]@umn.edu
- Password: Normal login password (same as email, MyU, etc.)
Note: If you are a student, staff, or faculty on one of the University of Minnesota coordinate campuses, please replace '@umn.edu' as shown above with one of the following:
- Crookston - @crk.umn.edu
- Duluth - @d.umn.edu
- Morris - @morris.umn.edu
- Rochester - @umn.edu (no change)
NOTE: If a user is already at another participating institution and did not log into eduroam from a University of Minnesota campus, please see KB0019684; Download eduroam via eduroam CAT (Configuration Assistant Tool).