Experts & Communities
The Next Generation Network (NGN) is a formal community of practice (FCoP) that will upgrade all components of the University's network over the next three years. To ensure that we make good decisions to support the University today and into the future, we are seeking input and guidance from the community. Some of the topics to cover include:
- right-sizing and port capacity planning.
- WiFi network coverage priorities.
- communications strategies for working with data network customers.
- upgrade risk and impact awareness.
- upgrade timing and responsiveness to customer business needs.
- perform meaningful work to advance IT priorities.
- meet other University staff who share your professional interests.
- collaboratively develop creative and practical solutions to challenges.
- develop professional skills.
- Kemal Badur
- Kemal Badur
- KT Cragg
- Jill Froehlich
- Samantha Grumdahl
- Louis Hammond
- Jamey Hansen
- Tim Kelly
- Elizabeth Lijewski
- John Miller
- Roger Stoen
Network Right-Sizing and the Common Good Model
Identify the best methods to manage right-sizing, and discuss and propose modifications to the current processes supporting the common good model.
Jamey Hansen, CLA
Firewall and Network Management
Identify needs for shared responsibility for managing firewalls and networks, and propose changes to existing tools and processes.
Samantha Grumdahl, CSE
Minimize the impact of the upgrade to the services and users. Identify exceptions, encourage early adoptions, and ensure the success of the project from the perspective of the end users.
KT Cragg, OIT
WiFi Service and Coverage
Focus on WiFi service and coverage priorities.
Tim Kelly, CSOM