Enterprise CRM: Use Find Duplicates on Leads
What is a Lead?
Leads can be used to capture potential opportunities within Enterprise CRM, such as people you've met at a conference or someone who emailed your business unit requesting additional information.
Using the Leads functionality can help you track prospect information and interactions for reporting purposes. It can also help you check for existing records within Enterprise CRM or quickly create new Contact, Organization, and/or Opportunity records with Lead conversion.
What Are My Privacy Options?
Leads are a record type that is private to your business unit. Any information within the Lead record is private to your business unit. Any record associations with the Lead are also private to your business unit.
Once converted, however, information on the Lead that transfers over to the newly created Contact and/or Organization record(s) will be public to all users within CRM. Opportunities are private so those will remain private to your business unit.
Navigate to the Lead record (if needed)
- If you have enough information to find the Lead you may want to use the Global Search bar.
- If you do not have enough information to search or are working from a specific List View click on the Leads Tab if showing in your default tabs or click on the All Tabs (+) button and click on Leads in the list.
- From Leads Home you can either click on the name of the Lead, if showing in your default View, or select the appropriate selection from the dropdown in the View: Menu and click Go!
- Once the appropriate Lead is visible click on the Lead Name in the list to bring up the Lead record.
Using Find Duplicates
- Once you are on the Lead record you are able to click Find Duplicates at either the top or bottom of the Lead Detail section. This brings up the Search for Duplicates screen.
- On the Search for Duplicates screen you're able to choose what criteria you want to use to look for duplicates. Any matching records you see on the screen at this point were found by the default value types which are called out below:
- Name is selected by default and searches by both First and Last Name.
- Last Name is able to be selected if you want to search by just Last Name. This may be useful if the contact has a name that has a common nickname or misspelling making the full name from the Lead a potential mismatch.
- Company is selected by default and will search for Organization records with the same name.
- Email is selected by default and will search various records for matches on the email address.
- Email Domain is able to be selected and comes in handy if the contact may have multiple emails on record.
- Phone is able to be selected and will search various records for matches on phone number.
- Manipulate the criteria you want to search or not search by checking or unchecking the boxes by the various options if desired and then press Search.
- Any matching records will be showing. If there is more than one Lead with the desired information you are able to click the Merge Leads button to merge the two records.
- Matching Contacts will show any matching existing Contact records. They are able to be edited from the list if needed.
- Matching Organizations will show any matching Organization records. They are able to be edited from the list if needed.
- Matching Opportunities will show any matching existing Opportunity records. They are able to be edited from the list if needed.
- If you have verified there are no duplicates or found any matching records that need to be associated you are able to click Convert Lead and make the appropriate selections in that process as needed.