Enterprise CRM: Reserved Contact Data
What is Reserved Contact Data?
Reserved Contact Data allows you to add information to a Contact that is private to your business unit or organization. Information that you may be used to on the regular Contact record, such as Point of Contact, has been moved here to allow for you to add that information without other units being able to see or change the data.
Some of the available actions here, such as creating an Event or attaching a Google Doc, are also available on the Contact record. The difference is that adding an Event from a Reserved Contact Data record is going to make the Event private to your business unit. Adding this directly from the Contact record would make the Event public to everyone using Enterprise CRM.
Available Fields/Actions on Reserved Contact Data
- Phone Number - this can be different from the phone number on the Contact Detail section of the Contact record and will be private to your business unit
- Assistant - this can be different from the assistant on the Additional Information section of the Contact record and will be private to your business unit
- Assistant's Phone Number - this can be different from the assistant's phone number on the Additional Information section and will be private to your business unit
- Assistant's Email - this can be different from the assistant's email on the Additional Information section and will be private to your business unit
- Preferred Contact Method - allows you to add a preferred contact method for how the contact prefers your business unit to contact them
- Point of Contact - allows you to assign a Contact record other than the user to the record, be that an assistant or someone within your business unit, per your business practices
- Description - this description can be used according to your business practices to add text to the contact record, be it a short description of the contact's preferences or notes you'd like people in your business unit to see
- Email - this can be different from the email on the Contact Detail section and will be private to your business unit
- External ID - if you have another system that the contact was imported from or is associated with you can put that information here or otherwise use this field as you choose
- Relationship Established - allows you to assign a date you established a relationship with the contact
- Lead Source - allows you to select a Lead Source from a dropdown list
- Other Lead Source - allows you to either type in a Lead Source that is not available in the dropdown or type in a secondary Lead Source
- Term - allows you to associate a term with the Contact record
- Year - allows you to associate an academic year with the Contact record
- Open Activities - This related list will have any open Tasks or Events that are private to your business unit and allows you the option to create New Tasks or New Events
- Activity History - In this section you can see any activity history that is private to your business unit or add new private activities with Log a Call or Send an Email
- Google Docs, Notes, & Attachments - Any private Google Docs, Notes, or Attachments that have been added to the Contact through your business unit will be here and you have the ability to add new Google Docs, Notes, or Attachments