Enterprise CRM: Manually Create Reserved Contact Data
What is Reserved Contact Data?
Reserved Contact Data allows you to add information to a Contact that is private to your business unit or organization. Information that you may be used to on the regular Contact record, such as Point of Contact, have been moved here to allow for you to add that information without other business units being able to see or change those fields.
While many of your Reserved Contact Data records will be created when your data is loaded during your onboarding to Enterprise CRM, manually created new Contact records and/or Contacts loaded through other business streams may not have any Reserved Contact Data yet.
These instructions show you how to manually create new Reserved Contact Data so that you can enter necessary information, create Tasks, Events, Meeting Requests, or add any Google Docs, Notes, or Attachments that you need to remain private to your business organization.
What Are My Privacy Options?
Reserved Contact Data was created as a record type in order for you to be able to add information to public Contact records that remain private to your business unit. Any information within the Reserved Contact Data record is private to your business unit. Any record associations with Reserved Contact Data are private to your business unit.
Navigate to the Contact record (if needed)
- If you have enough information to find the Contact you may want to use the Global Search bar.
- If you do not have enough information to search or are working from a specific List View click on the Contacts Tab if showing in your default tabs or click on the All Tabs (+) button and click on Contacts in the list.
- From Contacts Home you can either click on the name of the Contact, if showing in your default View, or select the appropriate selection from the dropdown in the View: Menu and click Go!
- Once the appropriate Contact is visible click on the Contact Name in the list to bring up the Contact record.
Create Reserved Contact Data
- Once on the Contact record there are two ways to get to creating New Reserved Contact Data:
- At the top of the Contact record hovering over the text for Reserved Contact Data brings up a window where the New Reserved Contact Data button is able to be clicked.
- Further down on the page underneath the Contact Detail there is a Reserved Contact Data section of the page where there is a New Reserved Contact Data button that is able to the clicked.
- Once on the New Reserved Contact Data record screen fields can be manipulated as needed. How you manipulate these fields will likely be determined by internal business processes.
- Phone Number allows you to add a phone number that will be private to your business unit.
- Assistant allows you to add the name of an assistant that will be private to your business unit.
- Assistant's Phone Number allows you to add a phone number for the associated assistant that will be private to your business unit.
- Assistant's Email allows you to add a phone number for the associated assistant that will be private to your business unit.
- Preferred Contact Method allows you to add a preferred contact method for how the contact prefers your business unit to contact them.
- Point of Contact allows you to assign a Contact record other than the user to the record, be that an assistant or someone within your business unit, per your business practices.
- Description can be used according to your business practices to add text to the contact record, be it a short description of the contact's preferences or notes you'd like people in your business unit to see.
- Email allows you to add an email address for the contact that will be private to your business unit.
- Note: The email address on the Reserved Contact Data record cannot be used in any email blasts or campaigns. Only the email address on the primary Contact record can be used for that purpose.
- External ID allows you to associate an ID from another system or any other identifier of your choosing to the record.
- Relationship Established allows you to assign a date you established a relationship with the contact.
- Lead Source allows you to select a lead source from a dropdown list per your internal business processes.
- Other Lead Source allows you to either type in a lead source that is not available in the dropdown or type in a secondary lead source. Check with internal business practices on how or when to use this field and to see if you need to follow any standard naming conventions.
- Term allows you to select a term from a dropdown list per your internal business processes.
- Year allows you to enter a year for the Reserved Contact Data record per your internal business processes.
- Once all of the desired fields have been filled in click on Save to be brought to the Reserved Contact Data record.