Enterprise CRM: Create a Private to You Event
What Are Events?
Events allow you to add information related to CRM records while designating a specific time period. They can be used for meetings, conference calls, visitations, job fairs, or anything else that may be occurring that needs to be associated with a specific record or blocked off on a calendar.
Prior to creating an Event you may want to check with your internal business processes to ensure that you are using them in the way that your business unit is intending for them to be used, particularly if they are used in any regular reports.
What Are My Privacy Options?
Enterprise CRM has records that it shares across business units and organizations, records that are shared just within your business unit, or records that only you can see. When making an Event private so that only you can see it, the only record that can be associated with it is your User record.
For that reason private Events are best used to set reminders for yourself or to put things on your Salesforce Calendar to set off reminders or show your time as Busy.
Create a Private Event
- Click on Home in the Navigation Bar to be brought to your Home Tab.
- Once on Home scroll down to your Calendar where the New Event button can be clicked. This brings up the New Event screen.
- Once on the New Event screen fields can be manipulated as needed.
- Assigned To will default to you as the User.
- The Subject field can be filled in as needed.
- The All-Day Event checkbox allows you designate the Event as all-day on your associated calendar. This will also affect the Reminder field below (which can then still be updated as needed).
- Start and End allow you to designate the time period during which the event will take place and will automatically update the Reminder field below (which can then still be updated as needed).
- The Related To field cannot be filled in if you would like to make the Event private to you.
- The Name field cannot be filled in if you would like to make the Event private to you.
- Related Case cannot be filled in if you would like to make the Event private to you.
- Type can be filled in as needed.
- The Private checkbox will need to be checked off in order to make the Event viewable only to you.
- Location allows you to enter a location for your reference.
- The Show Time As dropdown allows you to designate how you would like the Event to appear on your Salesforce calendar to other Users.
- Phone and Email cannot be manipulated here and will be blank without an associated Contact record.
- Description allows you to put any relevant information you need for reference.
- Reminder will be pre-populated based on selections in the All-Day Event, Start, and End areas but can be manipulated here as needed.
- If there are any supporting documents or other necessary attachments the Attach File button can be clicked in the Attachments section at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are creating more than one Event once you have all the information filled out you can click on Save & New Event to be brought back to Step 3.
- If you are done creating private events and you have all the information filled out click on Save to be brought back to your Home Tab.